Check out KRS’s 2019-2020 end of year video!
Here learning is active, engaging, meaningful.
We do more than memorize facts. We experience them. We go beyond what. We learn why. Through special art days, theatric puppet shows, music events, and other hands-on activities, our Jewish stories and history come to life.
Here we explore a range of subjects including mitzvot, history, Hebrew, and prayer. And because our approach welcomes diversity of thought in all subjects, students learn so much more. They learn to assess differing views. They learn to learn—to think for themselves.
Our students emerge with a deep understanding of Judaism—one that gives them the tools to develop their own individual beliefs and practices. They learn what it is to be part of a Jewish community.
Quick facts that make Kehillah classes click
- One day a week, every Sunday
- B’ Yachad Program for 3 and 4 year olds – meets 5 times a year
- K-2nd Grade: 9-11:30 a.m.
- 3rd-7th Grade: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Class sizes capped at 15 students
- Hebrew study in small knowledge-based groups
- 1:4 teacher/student ratio for Hebrew study
- Students work at varied/individualized pace
- One or more assistants in every class
- Hands-on approach includes art, theater, dance, crafts, music and more
Our Religious School Mission
The mission of the Kehillah Religious School is to provide knowledge and experiences that foster a strong and positive Jewish identity and community, and assist students and their families in living joyful and meaningful Jewish lives.
Post B’nei Mitzvah Involvement
Students maintain involvement in the community by assisting in the school, joining the Kehillah Youth Group, and/or attending Midrasha, the Community Jewish High School program.
Kehillah Religious School Tenets
For an in-depth look at our core beliefs, click here.
- Our Year in Review: Religious School 2018-2019
- Religious School Application 2019-20
- New Student Enrollment
- B’ Yachad Program for 3 and 4 year olds
- Parent Handbook
- Re-link your Harris Teeter Card; we are #5800
- 2019-20 School Calendar
- B’nei Mitzvah Honors Form
- B’nei Mitzvah Facilities Form
- B’nei Mitzvah Handbook