Thank you so much for donating to our Year End Chanukah Appeal. Please use the “My account” button at the top right-hand side of this page. You will be able to access an already existing account or to create a new account. Thank you for your patience, and your donation to Kehillah!
The Mitzvah of Tzedakah
Tzedakah is often translated from Hebrew to mean “charity,” but its true meaning is rooted in the obligation to justice and righteousness. Each individual act of tzedakah expresses a sacred and enduring Jewish value by connecting us through the continuous pursuit to better our world.
We appreciate and acknowledge your generous contributions of any size.
Gifts in Honor or Memory of Others
You may purchase a new edition of the High Holy Day Prayer Book for a contribution of $50. The prayer book will be plated and state that the gift is given in honor or in memory of your loved one by you and/or your family.
You may give a donation in honor of or in loving memory of someone for $18.00.
Individual Giving –
Your support provides much-needed revenue for Kehillah. All faith- based institutions require supplemental operating funds, and our Synagogue is not exempt from these fiscal realities.
Each gift to Kehillah makes possible all that we do today and prepares us for an ever more promising tomorrow.
Make your contribution online using your Visa or Mastercard credit card.
Mail your check to: Kehillah Synagogue, 1200 Mason Farm Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Kehillah Fund Categories
Many of us experiencing life cycle events ask how we can thank Kehillah. Friends and relatives often want to commemorate a loved one or honor a special event. Here at Kehillah, we have many ways to make meaningful contributions while supporting the synagogue. Here are a few:
- General Fund: Directly supports Kehillah’s operating budget.
- Kehillah Religious School
- Kehillah Jewish Preschool
- Yahrzeit Memorial Plaques: Each $360 plaque supports the General Fund. A bronze plaque bearing the name of a deceased loved one is placed on a beautiful wall hanging on the side of the bimah in the sanctuary.
- Special Programs Endowment Fund
- Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund: A private fund to assist Kehillah members, synagogue programs, and community endeavors at Rabbi Jen’s personal discretion.
- Cemetery Fund: Beautifies and maintains the cemetery grounds, including landscaping and new plantings.
- Tikkun Olam: To support Tzedakah in local community.
- Kehillah College Scholarship
Note: Unspecified donations go directly to the general fund.
Many companies offer employees the opportunity to double or even triple their contributions. Check with the human resources department of your employer to see if this is available for you. If so, then please submit your company’s matching gift form to us when you make your gift.
No matter if you write a check, make a credit-card donation or donate securities, we will confirm your gift and complete your company’s form to increase the value of your gift.
It is surprisingly easy to make a gift of securities. In most instances, stocks can be transferred electronically from your account into one maintained by Kehillah Synagogue.
It is more favorable for you as a donor to contribute appreciated securities because:
- You receive a tax deduction for the full current market value of the donated stock.
- You do not incur capital gains tax.
In order to enjoy the maximum deduction for gifts of stock, you must have owned the stocks for at least one year and one day. Such gifts qualify for a tax deduction for the full current fair market value of the donated stock and do not incur tax on the capital gains. Be sure to contact your tax adviser regarding how this can apply to you.
Consider contributing gifts of appreciated securities to pay Kehillah membership dues or to make your Annual Fund gift.
IRA Charitable Rollover
The IRA Charitable Rollover… An Easy Way to Support Kehillah!
If you are age 70½ or older you can direct your IRA administrator to distribute a gift from your IRA to support Kehillah. Any amount transferred counts against the required minimum distribution, and individuals can direct up to $100,000/year.
Easy Steps to Make an IRA Rollover Gift:
- Contact your IRA administrator. Most IRA administrators provide forms and a procedure to help you make a rollover gift.
- You can direct a transfer of up to $100,000 to be made this year from your IRA to Kehillah Synagogue.
- You will pay no income taxes on the amount transferred.
- Note: Because the transferred amount cannot be treated as income you will not receive an income tax deduction for your gift.
All information has been obtained from sources believed by Kehillah Synagogue to be reliable. As with all gifts, please consult your tax advisor.
Leaving a Legacy
You don’t have to be wealthy to make a meaningful and lasting gift. Including the Kehillah in your estate plans is a way to leave your legacy.
I did not find this world desolate when I entered it. And as my parents planted for me before I was born, so do I plant for those who will come after me. — Talmud
The L’Dor V’Dor Society
Kehillah Synagogue created the L’Dor V’Dor Society to acknowledge the individuals who are committed to sustaining our sacred community for future generations.
THE EASIEST WAYS TO LEAVE A LEGACY
- Bequest in your will or estate plan
- Gift of life insurance
- Gift of IRA and retirement accounts
- Gift appreciated securities
Please consult your tax advisor to determine the best option for you.
Be remembered forever with a gift in your will, trust, retirement account or life insurance policy.
Shopping Benefit Programs
Our Vic number is #5800. You may sign up at any Harris Teeter store or Insert Link to Sign Up.
You can benefit Kehillah, at no cost to you, when you shop at Amazon. Click here ——to shop Amazon Smile.
Box Tops for Education
Earn cash for our School by clipping box tops for education and giving them to Krystal Glass, our Preschool Director.