An update about Kehillah Conversations and a listing of Chavurot
At our annual meeting in 2018, we discussed ways to engage and energize the Kehillah community. We organized and held five Kehillah Conversations gatherings in members’ homes to discuss ways to build community. These wonderful gatherings were laced with creative ideas and enthusiasm that directed our efforts to the creation of different member activities or chavurot.
Over the past year, we’ve launched several groups, including:
- Sunday morning bike/walks
- Monthly dinner group for members who live in Durham
- Kehillah Mitzvah Knitters, open to all members who knit and/or crochet. This group makes comfort shawls for those in mourning and blankets for the homeless.
- Torah study group
- Shabbat potluck for young families
- Lunch and schmooze with the Rabbi for seniors and elders