Matter, Grow, Belong! Share your love of Jewish learning and children in this exciting role at Kehillah Synagogue.
Director of Lifelong Learning
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
We are seeking a qualified candidate for the Director of Lifelong Learning for our small and vibrant community. Are you passionate about Jewish education? Would you love to help create the vision for a vibrant future with us? We are now accepting applications for a new Director of Lifelong Learning.
Kehillah Synagogue is a Reconstructionist community in the Chapel Hill/Durham area of North Carolina serving approximately 190 families and 60-70 students. We are close to Research Triangle Park as well as UNC-Chapel Hill, Duke University, and NC State. The area is growing and thriving economically but still has a relatively low cost-of-living. Our congregation is engaged and diverse, with a strong tradition of social action. We are a warm, welcoming, and inclusive community. The Director of Lifelong Learning reports to Kehillah’s CEO and works in partnership with the Rabbi and administrative team, and various committees including religious school and adult education committees. The ideal candidate will have a passion for both Jewish education and building community. Flexibility, creativity, collaboration skills, joy working with children, and teamwork are crucial to the position.
The essential responsibilities of the Director of Lifelong Learning include, but are not limited to:
- Run our religious school: plan and update curriculum, special holiday programming, work with the religious school committee.
- Coordinate all aspects of the b’nei mitzvah program.
- Plan and manage youth engagement activities outside of religious school ages – B’Yachad programming for pre-K students and youth group for teens.
- Work with the adult education committee to plan engaging, thought-provoking opportunities for the community.
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Manage budget and personnel (hire, train, and support religious school staff).
Our ideal candidate is a master educator and leader. This person fosters a love of Judaism and Jewish learning and inspires children and adults. Masters in Jewish Education and 4 years minimum experience in the field.
- Salary commensurate with experience [low to mid $60,000’s]
- Benefits including health insurance, retirement, and paid leave
- Position available effective June 2022. The actual start date is negotiable.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting immediately until the position is filled. To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to the Search Committee (email@example.com).
Kehillah Synagogue is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Kehillah encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical ability, or veteran status.